A refrain I often hear from patients is that “I know that my varicose veins are considered cosmetic”. As it turns out, most procedures for the bulging varicose veins are covered by insurance. There are 5 general criteria that most insurance companies require.
1. Visible bulging varicose veins on physical examination.
2. Symptoms associated with those veins.
3. The symptoms need to impact activities of daily living.
4. Certain anatomic information obtained by a painless ultrasound exam.
5. Failure of a 12 week trial of conservative therapy which mainly consists of class II compression stockings.
At Superior Vein Care, we specialize in seamlessly guiding patients through this process.
-Michael J. Tullis, MD, FACS, RPVI
Superior Vein Care
Did you know that more than 30 million Americans suffer from varicose veins, spider veins, leg swelling, venous ulcers, and related conditions? Unfortunately, vein problems are chronic and progressive and without treatment they get worse, affecting your quality of life and well-being…